This kit includes a polishing buff and five solid polishing compounds. The compounds are used with various metals. It can be used to remove stretcher strains, orange peel, polishing wheelgrit lines and light die marks etc. Spare polishing compound is available for the kit.
The Tork Craft polishing kit is simple to use by fol- 1lowing the points below:
- The adaptor is used to hold the buffing pad in the drill’s chuck. Fasten the correct buffing pad in the adaptor.
- It would be best to use a drill press to polish metals. If a drill press is not accessible, use adaptor TCV01810 with a portable drill with a collar diameter 3of 43mm. Tighten the adaptor in the drill’s chuck.
- The buffing pad should revolve towards you at full speed. Pass the compound lightly across the face of the buffing pad. To ensure that the compound is evenly spread, hold a clean piece of scrap metal against the face of the buffing pad. This will eliminate lumps of compound from occurring.
- If desired, heat the item to 65℃ using an oven or heater. Warming the metal keeps the compound on the buffing pad. A cool item will draw the compound from the pad and leave deposits. Use a glove to handle the warm item.
- Hold the metal lightly against the buffing pad. 6Allow the compound to do the work.
If more compound is required, apply it using a wiping motion. Do not overload the buffing pad.
- The optional separate compound kit contains five different solid polishing compounds to be used with a polishing buff. Both units can be ordered or bought separately.
Tel: (011) 314-7711